PRODUCT PROJECT MANAGER
Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great products with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
We are proud of more than 20+ years of history, our roots and heritage while steadily aspiring to rise to new horizons, develop and grow our brand and team of ridiculously talented individuals further. Working for Nixon means being part of an international, dynamic, and passionate group of people, multi-lingual, multi-channel and multi-category. We are as diverse as the environment we operate in, stretching all the way from our origins in the action sports industry up to the lifestyle market, electronics, and premium watchmaking. We believe that passion drives performance and that perfection comes from always giving your best. We care about the little things, while thinking big.
The Product Project Manager owns the calendar planning process of all product lines starting from concept to reality. You are the consummate planner, problem solver and understand the overall process of product design, development, production and Go to Market. The Product Project Manager establishes development calendars for in-line seasonal collections, SMU (special make up) and collab programs, and tracks their progress throughout the process. This essential role requires the ability to work with cross-functional teams, coordinate information and feedback to achieve or exceed the calendar deadlines. The Product Project Manager has both great design management skills and engineering understanding and can efficiently manage multiple projects at a time through this process across watches (analog and digital), headwear and bags. This role is the hub for all communication regarding product design and development between Nixon teams. This role requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through the multiple categories of watches, bags, and hats. Design management skills and understanding of engineering beneficial to the success of this role.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Establishes seasonal product development calendars for in-line, SMU’s, collaborations, and special projects in partnership with VP’s.
- Organizes daily activities based on the goals and organization.
- Monitors projects and oversees their progress to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
- Leads weekly status meetings and works cross-functionally to attain required information to ensure deadlines are met.
- Build and manage a checklist of all critical steps required to bring a product to market. This includes but is not limited to global compliance testing, durability testing, etc.
- Connect the product process with the Operation, Marketing and Sales process to ensure a product moves smoothly through the process.
- Organize and manage the products in development in the NIXON PLM system.
- Update the Sr. Product Line Merchandiser on progress reports for products in development.
- Work in concert with the Quality Manager to assure new products meet and / or exceed the quality requirements at NIXON.
- Be the primary point of contact for the product calendar and how it connects to other groups: Operations, Marketing, Sales
- Clearly communicate the status of projects in group meetings for any product project (new or carryover) at any time.
- Tracks and reports weekly to the team of all projects and raises any and all risks while presenting potential sol
- Identify and communicate timeline, budget, or process risks to all stakeholders
- Communicate product status to Nixon teams
- Serve as primary point of contact for questions coming into the Product Team from Sales, DTC, and Marketing
- Consolidate feedback on design rounds from each key stakeholder within the product team and across NIXON
- Work to always improve our process, products, and work product.
- Experience in project management using spreadsheet management programs such as Excel, Smartsheet and Gantt charts.
- Highly organized and adept at communicating with others, working in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude.
- Proven ability to anticipate potential problems before they occur and mitigate risks.
- Consummate problem solver and know how to utilize all available resources.
- Proven experience bringing complex products to life on time and on budget.
- Experienced with the creative process of bringing insane ideas to life.
- Thrives in a hands-on environment with a high regard for teamwork.
Come join the Nixon Team! Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Product Project Manager in the subject line.
This position is in Carlsbad, CA, USA
Due to the volume of resumes we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!